Papaya, Mango & Coconut Salad
A fresh fruit salad full of tropical flavours, this makes a light and refreshing breakfast. I find that leaving it overnight lets the flavours develop, making it really aromatic and tasty!
20 mins to prep + chilling
Makes 2 servings
- 1 300g papaya
- 1 large mango
- 30g pitted dried dates, roughly chopped
- Zest of 2 limes
- 10g desiccated coconut
- Peel, halve and deseed the papaya. Chop into bite-size chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Cut the 2 fat cheeks off the mango, as close to the stone as possible. Score a criss-cross pattern in the mango flesh close to the skin, but not cutting all the way through. Push the skin up to turn the mango cheeks inside out, making a hedgehog.
- Run a knife along the skin to separate off the mango chunks and add these to the papaya. Slice the remaining mango off the stone. Slice off the skin, chop the flesh and add to the papaya.
- Add the dates, lime zest and desiccated coconut and stir to mix. Tip into a bowl or tub, cover and chill overnight before serving.
Get ahead This fruit salad can be served straight away but tastes even better if left to chill overnight and it will keep for up to 2 days.